Hi. I've had my Beat for just over a year now and she's been great, until now..... I refuelled at an Esso garage on my way to Weymouth at New Year, and immediately I had problems with 'juddering/hesitating' when I eased off the accelerator. Dodgy fuel I thought, so I ran the tank to empty, refuelled but the problem persisted. So I took her to my local Honda dealers (who have been very nice and not charged me for all the time that they have spent on her). They changed the rotor arm, distributor cap, HT leads, filters etc but to no avail, and then there was black stuff coming out of the exhaust. So I took her back, and six hours later they admitted that they didn't know what was wrong (yesterday). Since the car was still running (but not right), I thought that I would take her to a mechanic that my sister knows, but today the engine check light came on about a mile into my journey so I drove home. When I got out, the car smelled really hot. Tonight I moved her off the road and the engine check light did not come on.
Any suggestions or advice would be really welcome. I don't even know whether its safe to drive her back to the dealers.......
Yours gratefully in anticipation
Scorch