Thread: Stereo queries!!

Stereo queries!!

Can anyone tell me what make cd changers are you using to go with the gathers head unit? Also where can you get the link leads from head unit to cd changer?

Cat

I have the clarion cdc634, I bought it off ebay for about £30 and it came with the wire.

If you don't fancy ebay you can try your local audio retailer, though they will be more expensive but you don't (usually) run the risk of being ripped off like you might on ebay.

Don't think you can buy the 634 new anymore but when I bought mine I put a CDC628 in it and whilst being slightly deeper it still worked perfectly.

See HERE for details

Not sure what shock resistance the 634 had but I used to listed to cds 95% of the time in the beat and the 628 never skipped once...

Ady.

Mine skips quite a lot so I'd go with Adrian's idea

Thanks folkes, trouble is, I have been given a snayo cd changer and wanted to fit that, but it looks like it won't be compatibl, so I'll have a look on ebay for the clarion.
    Cat

I've found this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLARION-CDC634...QQcmdZViewItem

Is it easy to get hold of the cables to connect it? Or should I go for a new one (found one for 65 quid with all the cables etc)

Hey, I've found the cable too!
    Being new to all this, would just like someone to advise me if I am doing the right thing by buying the cd and cable separately. Phew, there's so much to learn about the wonderful world of the beat!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MakeTrack=true

Both look fine to me...

And, if you miss the first changer (634) the guy with the cable has a 628 up for auction too...

Ady.

Thanks Ady, I've bought both the changer and lead from ebay.
    Cat

I have a remote that goes with the clarion ,it has a small screen with all the buttons so you can operate not useing the radio..hope this makes sence