Thread: Honda S2000

Honda S2000

Hi Folks,

I'm thinking of getting an S2k, anyone got one? Comments, good bad etc?

PW
    'Beatless for 4 years now

Go for it if you can afford it! I've had a go in one, it's an awesome car and can beat the crap out of anything this side of £35k yet is liveable with in traffic…

Good points? Reliability and reasonable serviceing costs… It's a VTEC Honda!

Bad points? Gp 20 insurance and a diet of Super Unleaded petrol.

Post 2002 cars have lots of improvements
    If your car don't rev to 8,500+rpm it sucks!

Is it super unleaded all the time? or will it just not perform as well on normal?

The handbook says 98 Octane recommended but I'm pretty sure they will run on 95.

So are you giving up on Beats or just want a Beat on steroids?

company car allowance and re-shuffle of what i already have. The missus would get the CR-V, the jazz would go and i'd get a S2k. Maybe a beat in the summer, but with a little one on the way, it seems unlikely!

Do some searching on what year to buy. A lot of S2K enthusiasts like the F20C WAY better thant it's larger 2.2L brother that was put in in 2004. I know that Honda-Tuning Magazine had a big article within the past year or two on buying an S2K.

As an aside, I have told my wife that once we pay off the Beat, we will get her an S2000 if there are no little ones in the picture or on the way! If not, it's going to be a CR-V or a Fit (Jazz).

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by DaX View Post
    Do some searching on what year to buy. A lot of S2K enthusiasts like the F20C WAY better thant it's larger 2.2L brother that was put in in 2004. I know that Honda-Tuning Magazine had a big article within the past year or two on buying an S2K.

As an aside, I have told my wife that once we pay off the Beat, we will get her an S2000 if there are no little ones in the picture or on the way! If not, it's going to be a CR-V or a Fit (Jazz).
    You get different engines 'over there' We still get the 2.0l with lots of teeth. IIRC, US cars are detuned to run on 91 Octane and they upped the engine size to make up for the performance loss.

As for the Jazz/Fit? K20 or K24 in a Jazz is the hot mod on the block!

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo! View Post
    You get different engines 'over there' We still get the 2.0l with lots of teeth. IIRC, US cars are detuned to run on 91 Octane and they upped the engine size to make up for the performance loss.

As for the Jazz/Fit? K20 or K24 in a Jazz is the hot mod on the block!
    Yet again, the USA gets screwed by the great automakers! Does the UK really have 98 octane pump gas? We have 87, 89, 91, and sometimes 93.

I have seen a magazine article where they stuffed a K20A into a Fit - it was neat. I wish we had the option of buying the one with the 1.3L engine - way better FE than the 1.5L.

Yet again, the USA gets screwed by the great automakers! Does the UK really have 98 octane pump gas? We have 87, 89, 91, and sometimes 93.
    Tesco's claim to have 100ron here too

Unhappy

Yet again, the USA gets screwed by the great automakers!
    Oh I dunno so much! You get Integras, we don't…

Think you should go for it Paul. When Maria sold the Beat we bought an MX5, it was a nice car but it did'nt have the appeal of a Honda. So we saved like mad and borrowed a few pounds and got her an S2000. This has always been her dream car (after the Beat of course), we have still got it now 2 and a half years later.

For performance it is super fast and just gets quicker as the v-tec kicks in, gotta luv that feeling. Trouble is trying to keep it in the v-tec range before you hit traffic, or on the motorway someone pulls out on you and spoils your fun. Thats when you realise how great the brakes are even in standard form. They stop you mega fast. The whole car just feels totally balanced, the seats are figure hugging and everything is to hand, without the cockpit feeling cramped.

The insurance can be a bit steep, we pay 500 quid but thats protected fully comp etc with myself as the second driver. This also includes declaring the aftermarket cat back exhaust and 5zigen alloy wheels. Regards fuel true the S is best run on at least 98 ron, but you can get 99 ron at Tesco now. We have sometimes put in bog standard fuel before when we could'nt get the 98 ron anywhere and it still runs fine.

Just beware the car is tail happy in the rain if you do not respect its power. Dont forget this and you will be smiling every time you drive it. Go on Paul go and get one you wont regret it........all the best Leigh and Maria.
    Leigh