Thread: Beat Insurance

Beat Insurance

Who's the best for insurance these days? I'm currently with Footman James, but of course, they put the rate up every year - it might be time to change!

Thanks, John.

Cool insurance

Hi, Try Adrian Flux, they put my Beat under Future classic insurance with limited mileage

This is fun... who pays the least for insurance?

Can anyone get lower than £220 full comp and protected from Privilege!

Ours is insured by Adrian Flux. The renewal was £350 with one years no claims, but there are 3 people on the policy and we're all fully comp. I don't think that's too bad.

Marge
    "Three is not the correct number of wheels for a powered vehicle"

2001 1.4 Civic 5door.

I'm 21 and Adrian Flux wanted £1,400 a year fully comp with 1 years no claims (I have 4 currently on the Smart d'oh), and Tesco's want £1,300.

Think i'm gonna keep with Tesco's for the time being.

Yep, Tescos were always cheapest for me too. I did kinda resent giving them money, but hey they were 50+ cheaper than Priviledge....!
    'Beatless for 4 years now

£1,300?! WOW. That's $2600 USD - $217/month.

Since the Beat is so rare in the USA, I had to get collector's car insurance. Sure, they cap the mileage at 5,000 miles annually, but they don't check unless there is an accident. I'd really like to get another meter assembly so that I can run the odometer up on one and keep my original one with low miles. My insurance policy is $175 annually, or about £88.

Swinton just quoted me £328 FC with no NCB, (My full NCB is tied up on my HR-V)
    If your car don't rev to 8,500+rpm it sucks!

Insurance is a joke. I have 9 years ncb on my car which is currently a CTR, I have 7 years ncb on two wheels which is currently a SP-1 and my insurance company have just quoted me £559 for my beat which arrives in a few weeks.
    When I queried the price, it's because it has to be calculated with zero ncb. Sorry, but I think this is one big con.

I'm now searching for a more 'human' insurance company.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylee View Post
    When I queried the price, it's because it has to be calculated with zero ncb. Sorry, but I think this is one big con.
    I agree, I told the broker I can only drive one car at a time and got some whine about 'the extra risk'… hmmmm

I'll be looking around for some 'multicar' or introductory bonus type deal
    If your car don't rev to 8,500+rpm it sucks!

Smile

im paying £199. thats with adrian flux. limited miles upto 5000 a year

I don't think I could restrict myself to 5000 miles per year. I've only owned my beat since september and I've already done 3500 miles and that was over winter. With summer comming I'll probably crack 10k this year.

All you have do is ask yourself, "do I need four seats or a boot today?". If the answer is "no" take the beat. Plus it uses half as much petrol as my focus estate.

James

I got a nice discount (and extra 10%) with tesco as my partner (or actually anyone living at the same address) is with them too. it only works one way, so use it on the most expensive car....

I have also used insurancesupermarket.com to give me a rough idea who is cheapest then called the company direct and haggled. Its amazing how many things they add on that you can remove (legal aid, breakdown cover, courtesy car etc) each one can be 10-30 quid a time. Stick your excess up (300 or 350 will bring it down a fair bit - it used to bring mine down by 50-75 pounds)

Limited mileage helps a bit, but there is little difference below 10k so dont go for 3k to save a tenner!

Finally, haggle!! its suprising how much more you can get off if you ask 'is there any way you can make this a bit cheaper?'

PW
    'Beatless for 4 years now

Thanks for help with this. I phoned around and Adrian Flux were best at £148.49 but Footman James includes Breakdown Recovery, Homestart, etc. which would make Adrian Flux only slightly cheaper so I put it to Footman James and they gave me an extra 10% discount - £171.60. So I guess I'll stay where I am. Interesting exercise but I do wish it wasn't necessary. - John.

Before you decide try Sky Insurance, I forgot to mention them I think.

They quote me £200 cheaper than Tescos

I went RAC

they charge me £185 for a standard fully comp policy. But then I am a little older than you guys (that includes you Em)
    I love the smell of Nitrox in the morning !

1992 Beat
    2000 Seicento Sporting
    2000 Landrover Freelander to tow them home with

Footman James did it for me

I'm 40-odd and needed fully comp, 2 drivers and business use, garaged.

Footman James did £287 today including UK/european breakdown, legal, protected no-claims, business use, unlimited miles and a £100 excess, which is a pretty sweet deal.

Adrian Flux wanted £394, RAC £310 and Norwich Union (previous insurers) quoted £284 limited to 4000 miles, without any breakdown cover.

Tescos/direct line etc I didn't try cos their website didn't know what a beat was, so I got bored.