Thread: Exhaust

Exhaust

Hi All,

The exhaust was on it's way out - now the tail pipe has fallen off. My local Honda (Avondale) want £369 for a new system! Anyone got a second-hand one or know where I can get one any cheaper?

Cheers, John.

Sounds reasonable for a complete system on a Honda…
    If your car don't rev to 8,500+rpm it sucks!

So what do others do when the exhaust needs replacement? Pay up at the Honda dealer? Fit an alternative exhaust? In that case which? Other?

I had one made for £300, twin exit exhasut system inc fitting.

Are you going to tell me where from? - John

any good powerflow dealer, janspeed, etc may do one cfor that
    Honda Beat for time to get away from stress and the big bad world.

lol

Sorry, I forgot to say where, yea was my local exhaust dealter/fitter. I just went down there asked what I wanted and they made it up.

Thanks for the "PowerFlow" tip - now have a shiny new, stainless steel, lifetime guaranteed, exhaust from my local PowerFlow dealer - £140.

marcair Guest
    I know this may sound odd, but I can not locate a small 'correct configuration' muffler to allow for dual-out tips. Please take a pic of your system and the muffler part number so I can contact a local Powerflow distributer re availability. Worst case may be to have one made and shipped here. Thanks in advance.

From the invoice = SS15041013/4CO - 150x410 x 13/4 CO S/S

Whoa, that was an expensive quote for a standard exhaust, the same thing happened to my beat a while back, tip fell off, and that means new exhaust, i always take it to a honda dealership, and i'm definatley sure it cost no more than £150, i can remember the bill at the end was £300, but i had full service, new exhaust, and a few other bits and bobs sorted out.

Ask at your local springfield honda if they can get the part for you because they have a special "old car" policy where parts for them are reduced so it keeps them going longer and longer, thats why i think my exhaust was so cheap.

p.s just read the whole thread and it looks like you got a nice powerflow one
    Last edited by Scott; 28-06-2007 at 07:46 PM.