Thread: Wanted: Camshaft & Distributor

Wanted: Camshaft & Distributor

Are there any out there?

Your local Honda dealer will no doubt help you. Other than that, I think you'll be very lucky second hand, as this is the Beats weak point. How about trying the Japanese auction sites or ask Bazza (Vtec Direct)

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

Yes, I realise it's a long shot but I have to try to avoid paying Honda prices!

Actually, all I need is the distributor drive gear that goes on the end of the camshaft (if I can fit it)!!! and new bearings for the distributor (if the bearings are changeable)!!!

Thanks for the links. How did you manage to locate them? and how do you translate them? - John.

Looks like the first item has finished already. Use www.bablefish.com for translation.
    Use Oz's search from his Beat website http://members.lycos.co.uk/ozsamurai...es/softtop.htm
    click on the link on the right 'Japanese Yahoo! Auction Link' this shows you all things Beat
    There are a couple of ways you can buy, although do read how they work as they can work out expensive. Juno or Rinkya

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

Quote Originally Posted by johnross View Post
    Yes, I realise it's a long shot but I have to try to avoid paying Honda prices!

Actually, all I need is the distributor drive gear that goes on the end of the camshaft (if I can fit it)!!! and new bearings for the distributor (if the bearings are changeable)!!!
    When we had a similar problem our dealer advised that the gear is not available separately. I imagine it has to be positioned with some accuracy so the timing can be set correctly.

Yes I can imagine it is not available seperately :-( but the positioning should not be a problem, there is no keying and the distributor can be positioned to suit the timing.

If someone, locally, has a correct cam shaft and willing to loan for duplication purposes, pursue. If this is a frequent issue, have the machine shop fab a small lot of the ring gears. Likely done by cnc program. The cost is in the set-up, not the repetition. Thus, lowering individual costs. I bought alot of spare parts last year -'just in case'. Now though, thinking, if I blow the OEM engine, I'll entertain a Hyabusa or ? powerplant. I'll post the spares - or bring some on over on my next business trip.

Heres the dizzy thats for sale

Last edited by mat2; 16-08-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks for the images, however I have just sold the Beat (non-running)!!! So I no longer have a requirement. What shall I get now for roof-down transport? Thanks anyway, John.