Thread: Wind annoying with top down, and i'm short!

Wind annoying with top down, and i'm short!

Well, not that short I'm about 5'10" and find it tiring to drive above 80km/h because the wind is very annoying. I don't mean in a turbulence sort of way, its actually pretty good in that regard, but the wind that comes right over the top of the windshield just niks the top of my head and it actually starts to give me a headache after 30minutes of 80+km/h driving. If i slouch down about 1", its perfect. Mind you, slouching in my seat for any more than 5 minutes does not feel good (plus it does not look very cool either )

Am I just weird, or does anyone else have this problem? It seems if the windshield was 1" taller, I would have no issues.

I'm not a tall guy, so I would hate to be 6'+!

Anyone have a easy fix for this or should I just stop complaining?

Thanks!

Why not wear a cap?

Quote Originally Posted by unclejemima View Post

Anyone have a easy fix for this or should I just stop complaining?
    Put your hood on.

Or

Cut an inch off the top of your head!!!

Or

make your self a wind deflector that goes along the top of the windscreen perhaps to just lift the air over your head, possible just fit it on with tape until you know its right the make a more permanent solution.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Buy something with a roof

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

haha , thanks for the reply's. I knew I was setting myself-up with this one.

I saw someone else with a convertible that was able to flip up the sun visor above the windshield so it blocked some wind...perhaps i'll try to mod the sun visor to do this. I would work good I think, and then when in town cruising at low speed, I can just flip the visor down.

I'll let you know how it goes!