Thread: Distributor

Distributor

looking to buy a known good Dizzy , let me know if you have one or know where i might pick one up
    Cheers
    BRIAN

Looks like ill have to buy new , and im still not 100% sure the dizzy is the problem

This may help you to determine if your distributor is OK.

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthr...1036#post21036

From what you have described, I would say its not a distributor problem, as either sensor would cause a DTC.

It could be that the drive gear on the camshaft has shifted due to a part seizure of the distributor bearing thou, so feeling how the distributor feels when turning by hand or evidence of rust dust inside.

How does the static timing alignment look? Set engine to TDC and look at rotor/cap alignment.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Thanks again Steve , I'll be in with the mechanics tomorrow and I'll show them this information .

Prob a stupid question , but is there a dizzy from any other car that will work in a beat .

Only something else that has an E07 engine. There are no other 3 cylinder Hondas that are EU models.

I've had a quote for a new genuine honda dizzy ,€340 delivered .

Through my posting about this everywhere , i have found another Beat owner who has the exact same issue as me , he went as far a buying a new dizzy which did not solve the problem , it turns out the coil pack is not contained in the dizzy but is a separate component and he is now "sure "the coil pack is the fault but they are a discontinued part and unavailable to buy , so his Beat has been parked up for a couple of years now , also his beat will start 50% of the time so i borrowed his new dizzy and coil pack and the lads will see swap bits over to see what happens .

Thats about it.

I would have said 362 Euros looking at our system.

ETA looks like 08/11/13.

For me I dont expect distributor to be your problem, from what you have said.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beecee View Post
    but they are a discontinued part and unavailable to buy.
    Not true, still available. £108.48 ETA 08/11/13

and I did post info lately about source for a coil, as its same as some other Honda models.

http://www.ignitioncarparts.co.uk/Pa...ue=30500PH1026
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!

ive just bought a 2nd hand coil on ebay , IF it is my problem thats great , if not ill sell it to the other owner who is sure its his problem ,
    Steve again i am not not listening to your advice , everything you have suggested has been looked at and then rechecked , and now we have another Beat with the exact same issue and a mechanic has also tried everything except a new coil pack , so here's hoping this will solve both our problems .

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_M View Post
    Not true, still available. £108.48 ETA 08/11/13

and I did post info lately about source for a coil, as its same as some other Honda models.

http://www.ignitioncarparts.co.uk/Pa...ue=30500PH1026
    it was the other Beat owner who said it wasn't available , most likely a Honda dealer over here not knowing what a beat was and not knowing what to even look for .

So the new dizzy I borrowed was fitted and the same issues ware there , we swapped over the coil pack which we also thing is faulty and same issues again , so finally today we fitted a 3rd coil pack the I bought 2nd hand and it looks like it sorted the problem , car turned over badly , but the mechanic said the timing is just way out and he is sure we have solve the problem .
    Many thanks to all for their help .

All up and running , and running sweet as a nut .. Pity I'll have to park it up now for the winter , but at least it's sorted .