Thread: Hardtops Anyone???

Hardtops Anyone???

Hi as previously mentioned I have started to look into having replicas of my hardtop made.

However it isnt exactly cheap!!

(I know im scottish and a bit tight but hey, Im the one with the hardtop already!)

What kind of price would all of those interested be willing to pay??

Also how many people would be seriously interested in buying one??

I have so far found three companies that are willing to do this however one has asked if the hardtop has copyright attached to it??

(Oz do you know if some ninja from feel's in japan is gonna come over and kick my @$$ ?)

I only have a rough estimate but it looks as though they will be around the £750.00 mark! + Posting

This is due to having to create a mould to make the replicas from.

As usual the more I order the cheaper they will become, so if lots of people plan on ordering one the cheaper it will be for all.

Let me know what you think and if there is enough interest ill persue this further.

Ouija

PS - One of the companies i have been talking to makes lotus elise/exige hardtops so they cant be bad!

I'd be interested, but at 750 Pound that works out at approximately $2000 Australian Paseo's. Aghhhhhhhh!

Hi Ouija,

I'd be very interested in one but I'd need plenty of warning ... to talk to the bank manager

If you were to say it took a couple of months - I'd like to jump on board then, if it looked half as nice as yours!

Cheers,
    Dave
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Smile

Me too, though haven't got the dosh at the moment.

Again, a couple of months delay would work out better for my finances!!

(useless information>> picking up my Beat from Pompey today - can't wait! What a day for it, too!! )

Ninja say hardtop OK for knockoff, don't make a business of it! and don't knock off Mugen tops, they will chase ya!

I'd love to throw my order in for one too in silver, here they are 162,000 (800 pounds) second hand for a Mugen. Come up at auction every now and then too. But I feel the shipping would probably negate the deal unless you are getting a super price.

Cheers

Oz

Same as all others, interested but need notice. Would they come painted? does it fit on with the soft top in place or does the soft top and frame need to be removed?

Hi John,

If your interested perhaps we could organise the shipping between us?

(although it sounds like a good excuse to take a trip to Scotland!!!)

Cheers,
    Dave
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Dave,
    Sound good either way, Beat convoy to Scotland would be interesting, any other Irish lads on for it?

like everyone else need loads of warning

Ditto! White please! perhaps they will do a better discount for this kinda quantity?
    Add water and it becomes a NSX!

Yeah you are right the more confirmed orders i get then the better the price will be.

Should be looking into getting prices next week.

Once i have an idea of how many ill get the quotes. I dont think it will realistically be feasible unless i get around 10 orders but ill let you all know.

As for painting i dont think they will come painted as everyone will want different colours and this may put the price up even further than I first quoted. But i will ask.

Cheers

More questions

Could they be finished in gloss black? If you are after colour matching then that could be tricky ie fading. What would be the cost of shipping to Australia?

Would be interested depending on price.

Gloss black would be a good idea would work with any colour.

keep intouch with more details.

Pete & Sue

P.s. will have some "Beat midship amusement" stickers for the side if anyone wants them.

The problem with the feels hardtop is that you have to remove all of the the softtop frame from the car, so not a 5 min job to convert from soft to hard.

Really need to find a Mugen hardtop to copy on the quiet, as the mugen one goes over the top of the lowered softtop, so fitment is a couple of mins work.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

That'll be the reason i dont have a soft top!
    Wasnt sure if the soft top would fit under it but you have answered my question.

Cheers

Ouija