Thread: New Speakers

Talking New Speakers

I've finally got around to upgrading the speakers and settled for some infinity reference components. They were one of the few brands I could find without a crap looking logo on the tweeters!

To get the speakers to fit in the doors the plates that the speakers mount to required some serious abuse. This involved bashing the lower section in to prevent the speakers pressing into the door cards.

I decided that the best place for the tweeters was the dash which required a complete removal. Given this I took the opportunity to re-trim the dash and door cards. I also got around to painting the metal under the dash to stop the original yellow from reflecting up through the windscreen vents. (It kept shouting half arsed respray at me )

Tado, you can take full credit for the re-trim idea (Yep I've read your Blog)

I'm really happy with the results, given what a tight little car the Beat is it is nice not to have that cold hard plastic feel on the doors anymore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beat Speakers 1.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	2009   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beat Speakers 2.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	2010  

Ummm, tell us again, why are you called Obsessive????

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by steveinjapan View Post
    Ummm, tell us again, why are you called Obsessive????
    It's just the name of my company! And seeing that the company owns the Beat..... There's no point in doing a half arsed job!

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessive View Post
    I also got around to painting the metal under the dash to stop the original yellow from reflecting up through the windscreen vents. (It kept shouting half arsed respray at me )
    )
    LOL!! i know exactly the bit you mean!
    i just spent the last bit of sunday replacing a load of the visible bolts on the car with either stainless or countersunk ones with alloy collars.

Speakers

I too, decided to repair the speakers after I replaced the radio with one from Obsessive. Mine are dash mounted. I sent them to be upgraded to an expert in early February He was in central Christchurch and they disappeared under the rubble of an earthquake on the 21st! Ive just got themback and back in place so they have suffered but now give much improved sound

Quote Originally Posted by DavidStove View Post
    I too, decided to repair the speakers after I replaced the radio with one from Obsessive. Mine are dash mounted. I sent them to be upgraded to an expert in early February He was in central Christchurch and they disappeared under the rubble of an earthquake on the 21st! Ive just got themback and back in place so they have suffered but now give much improved sound
    Hi David,

You must be relieved that you didn't leave the car there! Good to hear that you finally got the speakers back.

Did you need to take the dash out to take them out?