Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ecu

Removed the fuel supply to the injector rail and turned the ignition. No fuel issued. ECU fault? If so any pointers what to do next please?

Hi dave, sounds like fuel pump to me, I may be a novice on these cars, but 'tis just mechanics.
    This one I just bought wouldn't start. I did the whole easy start into the throttle bodies thing. It fires and splutters while spraying. The fuel relay is clicking, so I pulled the fuel pump out of the tank, wired it to a battery off the car direct and it's dead. I ordered one off fleabay for 30€, should be here today. Will let you know the outcome when it arrives. When you pull the pump out of the tank, release the six securing nuts first and break the seal, this stops any expansion pressure in the tank. If not when you disconnect the banjo nut fuel will gush out, especially if it's a hot day! Like it was when I did mine.

put 12v to the fuel pump directly and see if it primes

Cheers people. I'll give it a go.

Good news / bad news. I have checked the fuel pump and it seems to be working fine, but it still won't start.
    Any more ideas appreciated please.

tried putting 12v directly to the fuel pump and trying to start it?

No, will do though. Cheers.

if it fires, you know you have an issue somewhere between the signal coming out of the ECU and the pump (relay, wiring etc)

easy starts straight in the three butterflys this witll prove there is nothing afecting the engine and that it is fuel side. there is a panel in the boot that comes out for you to get at the air filter box, pull the filter out, mist in some easy start and crank her over dave, see if she fires? start from there eh. the exhaust arrived this morning, its fitted and we went for a little drive. ordered new toyo tyre all round as there is a variety of punctured perished crap on there

Superb Nige. Cheers for the advice, I'll give it a go.

Hi,

I have to go to Leeds Friday next week, so if need be I could try and come in my Beat and try your ECU on it and my ECU on yours see if it works ....

Only problem is I am supposed to be working so won't be able to properly plan until late in week

That sounds great! I can swap them about and ferry you to work if needs be.

We have a runner people!!! The ECU doctor in Plymouth has returned the ECU, I've put everything back together and it runs lovely.
    I'm £193 worse off, but driving with a smile tonight in the Spring sunshine.
    Thank you all for your help in this matter.

Who is the ECU Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by MAMOOK View Post
    We have a runner people!!! The ECU doctor in Plymouth has returned the ECU, I've put everything back together and it runs lovely.
    I'm £193 worse off, but driving with a smile tonight in the Spring sunshine.
    Thank you all for your help in this matter.
    May very well need his help.
    Have taken a few high quality images with my Nikon 800 - the ECU circuits and caps look OK, but I cannot trace any other issues after checking all the usual mechanical stuff.
    Symptoms.
    Starting & idling OK
    wont rev out beyond 4500 - struggles & loses power after than.

Help and directions appreciated.

Seamus
    jboy

http://www.the-ecu-doctor.co.uk/

Send him a heads up re the ECU and then post it to him. Quick turnaround.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12