Thread: Beat Breaking

Beat Breaking

Hi Guys,

I had this e-mail come through to me from someone who is trying to join but can't at the moment...

See copied e-mail below...

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Fisher via e-mail
    Hi Adrian
    My name is Brad Fisher
    I run a car breakers in Somerset and have a beat with snapped cambelt. I am trying to join the u-ukhbc to list on the forum but am having no luck and no reply from registration. Saw you were listed as a moderator.
    Any ideas, or do you know anyone who would list for me and put my contact details on.?
    Problem is i have a small yard and do not keep cars about for long before there crushed.
    Any help much appreciated
    Regards Brad Fisher
    Normally Traders have to go through Paul before posting but since they don't keep cars that long I thought I would post it up anyway.

His e-mail address is brad@bradfisher.wanadoo.co.uk I'll e-mail him back shortly to tell him I've posted and to see if I can get a contact number & postcode so anyone can see what he's got and know where he is.

I'll edit the post once I have more details.

Ady.

nice one adrian - thanks to brad for letting adrian know too
    did he mention what colour it is?

Just had this reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Fishers reply via e-mail
    Hi There Adrian
    Many Thanks for the post. I have made a 1 page site with some photos and my contact details and if you could post it that would be great.
    www.rightclickcars.com/beat
    Regards Brad Fisher
    apart from the roof, it looks too good to be crushed... Just a shame I don't have anywhere for it otherwise I might have been tempted again...

It's got several options fitted (Alloys, Spoiler & Front Fog Lights) so could be good for someone who wants a few upgrades to their base model beat

Note this bit though if you do e-mail him...
    Please note i have serious amounts of Spam filtering setup so please ensure you put the word "beat" in the subject line
    Ady.

It would be a shame if that got crushed with all those rare spares on it. I have enquired about buying the whole car so it could be broken/repaired at a leisurely pace.

The Beat is now sold. I have agreed to buy the car from him complete. It sounds tidy enough so may well be worth saving.

It certainly looks ok in those pictures, and for the right money worth repairing rather than breaking.

Cambelt failure can work out pricey, but with out looking at the damage and the cause, difficult to estimate.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

I'll assess the extent of the damage and cost the job when I get the car back to mine next week. I can do the repair myself so will only cost me time and parts. If I don't think it's viable to repair I will break it.

Excellent news, it deff looked too good to crush, that's for sure

Hopefully the site will get a donation too as I asked that he made a small donation if anything sold since he is a trader.

Ady.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianp View Post
    Excellent news, it deff looked too good to crush, that's for sure

Hopefully the site will get a donation too as I asked that he made a small donation if anything sold since he is a trader.

Ady.
    Whether it gets broken or repaired I hope to make a few quid. I will therefore make a contribution to the site.

Did a 450 mile round trip to collect the Beat today. First impressions are that it is very solid and well worth saving. I'm having crazy thoughts about fixing it up and keeping it. Would be nice to have a totally original example as well as a modified one. Mmm.

thats excellent news beardo - how does mrs beardo feel about being a 2 beat family?? you'd then have to get the silver, green and blue ones to complete the set tho!